Monday 16 September 2013

Do you want to go to the seaside?

The waves lapped against my feet as I looked longingly out onto the horizon. I can’t explain the feeling I get when I go to the seaside, but it just feels my heart with happiness. I love the way the wind floats you in different directions, and your feet become entwined in Seaweed and your feet squelch into the sand as you walk along it. For most people these things are perplexing but it just makes me smile, I feel free.

I was caught singing this song, a few days before maybe it inspired are little voyage. 

I was at the very north of France, at Le Crotoy the horizon stretched for miles, I was so close to home, the ‘manche’ or channel as it is known in england, was all that separated me. We walked along the beach, collecting shells, splashing the water as we went. It was not crowded or over run with tourists but it was simplistically pleasant.  The season was coming to a close, and we were following the last drips and drabs or people that wanted to enjoy the few last days of summer.

We collected shells, and made sand castles, which would just fall back down as the sand was too wet. Then we would run back and forth into the sea, with screams of exhilaration as the crisp water, touched are skin.
 After this we drove up the coast line, and past the , and Réserve Naturelle de la Baie de Somme (Nature reserve)  and saw wild animals grazing freely over the feeds. This part of Picardie was different, the houses had unusual architecture and were painted bright shades of pinks and blue, it was fun and amusing, because it looked so out of place, next to the pine trees. I loved the beach huts that lined the edge of the beach, which families would sit outside and commence there aperitif.

We past a new eco village, a new in ‘mode’ (fashion) word in France, people seem to embrace the need to live an ecological existence, and take care of their country, and what a beautiful country this seems to be.

We ended the day with mussels et frites, on the seafront, and ‘chi-chi’s’ of course.
I live for day’s like this.
Adios.
Nattie x 

No comments: